CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers)
Products available to CASE manufacturers include:
- Organic, inorganic, and anti-corrosive pigments, and pigment preparations from Heubach
- Pearlescent effect pigments from EMD. As one of the world’s most successful providers of effect pigments, EMD Performance Materials has created an entire world of products with a unique variety of color, luster, glitter and shimmer effects. EMD Performance Materials` product portfolio also includes functional Iriotec® pigments with conductive and heat-reflecting properties.
- Attagel® Thixotropic Thickeners and Rheology Modifiers from BASF. Attagel works as a primary or co-thickener with cellulosic, associative and alkali swellable thickeners in demanding applications, particularly aqueous and solvent borne coatings, primers, topcoats, maintenance coatings, marine finishes and semi gloss and gloss enamels.
- Kaolin extenders from KaMin. ASP® hydrous pulverized and spray dried kaolins; Buca® hydrous pulverized kaolin; Mattex® engineered high brightness calcined kaolin;s Satintone® calcined kaolins; Translink® high brightness surface treated kaolins; Ultrex® ultra high brightness calcined kaolin
- Cellulosic thickeners from Nouryon. Bermocoll® is used as a thickener, stabilizer and water-retaining agent for water-based decorative paint. Bermocoll is available in a wide range of viscosities, and a variety of modified grades. Bermocoll® is used in textured paint, chemical plaster, flat paint, satin paint and semi-gloss paint.
- Huber Calcium Carbonate products for Paints & Coatings and for Adhesives & Sealants.
- Diatomaceous Earth (DE) from EP Minerals. High efficiency materials for matting, texture and rheology: Anti-blocking Agent, Paint Pigment Extender, Flatting Agent, Functional Filler.
- Titanium Dioxide Pigment from Venator
- Specialty Silica from PQ Corporation. Silica gels for matting a wide range of water-based, solvent-borne and radiation-cure, clear and pigmented coatings systems, and for anti-caking and free-flow in powder coatings. Also GASIL® GM2 for moisture scavenging in aluminum paints.
- Latex Resins/Polymer Emulsions from Dura Jesons. Dura Jesons offers the BondAcrylTM line of specialty latex resins to North America. Dura Jesons is a joint venture of two industry stalwarts–Dura Chemicals Inc. and Jesons Industries Limited. With four state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in India, for over 40 years, Jesons Industries has been a leading supplier of chemicals to the paint and coatings industry; now Dura Jesons and Superior are bringing this technology, expertise, and spirit of service to the United States.
- Driers from Dura Chemicals. DURA is a global supplier of Metal Organics offering market-driven solutions to the paints & coatings industry.
- Fluorescent Pigments from DayGlo. DayGlo colors are bold and distinct, unique and memorable. With an almost infinite palette at our fingertips, DayGlo makes people take notice so that your products stand above the noise. DayGlo works closely with coatings formulators, suppliers and OEMs to explore new avenues for product development and market growth. We specialize in developing enamels, lacquers, tempera and watercolors, and aerosols for the paints and coatings industry.
- Aluminum and bronze metallic pigments from Schlenk
- Cellulose fibers from JRS for reinforcement, rheology, texture, stabilization
- Raybo additives for a range of functions (click here)
- Feldspar from The Quartz Corp. Feldspar is a naturally occurring mineral with properties that make it an exceptional filler for use in paint and coating applications. Milled feldspars are composed of angular blocky particles that account for easy dispersion, low vehicle demand, and the ability to achieve high loadings.